So you’re looking to learn how to upload longer videos on TikTok? TikTok is all about a short, snappy video-sharing app, but sometimes you might have a longer video that you just can’t wait to share with the world. Do not worry, TikTok has recently introduced a feature that allows you to upload longer-than-minute videos. In the past, TikTok had a strict time limit of just 60 seconds for each video, which made it quite challenging and competitive to share longer content. However, TikTok now offers an extended time limit called “Extended Video” for select users. With this feature, you can upload videos that are up to 3 minutes long!
Keep one thing in mind, the availability of the Extended Video feature may depend on your location and account status. TikTok is gradually reaching out with this feature to more users. So if you don’t have access to it, don’t worry! Just make sure to update your app and keep an eye on any new feature announcements. If you are still wondering how can you upload longer videos on TikTok, we are here with everything you want to know. Have a look!
How Long a TikTok Video Can be?
Generally, the maximum length for a TikTok video is 60 seconds i.e. 1 minute. However, as we discussed TikTok has introduced a feature called “Extended Video” which allows some of its users to upload up to 3 minutes long Video. You can use some techniques to make your TikTok videos longer and visually appealing such as splitting your video into multiple parts, using creative editing techniques, add text overlays, music, stickers, etc. But remember, the availability of this feature may vary depending on your location and account status. It’s always a good idea to keep yourself and the TikTok app updated and stay tuned for any new feature announcements from TikTok.
How To Upload Long Videos on TikTok
Here are some steps to follow in order to make and upload longer videos on TikTok. Go ahead and follow the steps:
- First of all, open the Play Store and Update the TikTok App to have the latest version of the TikTok app installed.
- Now, launch the TikTok app and log in to your account.
- Tap the “+” button at the bottom center of the screen. This will open the TikTok camera, where you create a video.
- You can now record the new video here by pressing the start recording button, or you can upload a pre-recorded video from your Mobile gallery by Pressing the “Upload” button.
- Once you’ve recorded or uploaded your video, you can use TikTok’s built-in editing features to enhance your video such as adding filters, effects, text, stickers, music, etc.
- Now find out the duration of your recorded video. If the video exceeds the 60-second time limit, TikTok will automatically trim it down to fit. However, with the help of the Extended Video feature, you can tap on the “Adjust Clips” button and manually trim or rearrange your video clips to make them fit within the 3-minute limit.
- Next, write a catchy caption for your video and add relevant hashtags to help it reach a wider audience. You can also tag other users or include TikTok challenges if applicable.
- Once you’re satisfied with your video, tap on the “Next” button. On the screen, you can add a cover image, select your video’s privacy settings, and choose whether to allow comments, duets, or reactions. Tap on the “Post” button to publish.
Tips for Creating Your Long TikTok Video
Hashtags play a crucial role in “how TikTok videos rank”. When someone searches for you with the help of a given hashtag on the platform, it gets easy for the person to find videos that tag the hashtag. So, when creating your long TikTok video, remember to search and use the trending hashtags.
Use Trending Songs
This social media platform is all about trendy songs and clips. However, keeping up with the trend and using trending music for your videos will help keep your audience engaged and asking for more.
Be Consistent and Authentic
Remember, don’t just post one long video and disappear from the platform. The best way to grow and retain your audience is by consistently keeping them entertained and engaged in your videos. If you upload periodically, you must maintain consistency. Try to keep your content raw and authentic. Less-polished videos are viewed more as compared to more-polished videos.
Split Your Video into Multiple Parts
If you are uploading a video that exceeds the mentioned time limit on TikTok, split it into multiple parts. But remember to break the video into logical points so that your video does not lose the attention of the audience. Try to create a smooth viewing experience with your long video so that the viewers follow along to the end.
Choosing a Logical Break Point
To create a great engagement impact through your long TikTok videos, you need to select an appropriate break point in your video content. A logical break point can include anything in your video like the end of a sentence or phrase, the end of a scene or location change, or just a small pause. It’s important to remember for everyone that your videos should be smoothly broke and well-structured because the viewers on TikTok really are impatient and have short attention spans. So, upload to-the-point videos.
Make sure to use the transitions effectively in your long video content to enhance the flow and continuity. Transitions are basically used to connect two clips or scenes and add a professional touch to the final product. Transition includes adding effects to the video, like fading or sliding between two clips which helps in smoothening the transition effect and making it easy to understand by the viewer. One of the most important things to keep in mind is to adjust audio levels while transitioning the video to enhance the uninterrupted listening experience of the viewer. This adds so much value to your longer video content on TikTok.
Using Text to Indicate Continuation
Videos with captions or subtitles receive 40% more views and higher retention rates as per studies. Remember, to keep your viewers engaged through your longer videos.
- Use short phrases or sentences that summarize what is happening on screen.
- Place the text in a way that does not cut off important visuals.
- Keep the font size large enough for easy reading but not too large that it becomes distracting.
Use of Third-Party Video Editing Apps
In order to extend the duration of your TikTok videos, you can also take the help of third-party video editing applications. If you are not able to reach the solution with the above-mentioned tips, at that time, third-party video editing applications play their role effectively. You can easily merge multiple clips into a single video and create longer video content. These third-party video editing applications involve various features such as trimming, cutting, adding filters, templates, transitions, text overlays, and sound effects.
Some popular third-party video editing applications are InShot, CapCut, and FilmoraGo. In order to showcase your creativity and increase your reach on platforms like TikTok, these third-party video editing apps are very useful in every aspect under 3-5 minutes duration. If you want to upload more long videos, there are other platforms available other than TikTok. YouTube and Instagram have a feature for uploading longer-duration videos as compared to TikTok.
How can I increase my followers on TikTok?
- To increase your followers on TikTok, consider the following tips:
- Post regularly and consistently to keep your content fresh and engage with your audience.
- Use popular and relevant hashtags to reach a wider audience.
- Collaborate with other TikTok creators through duets or by participating in challenges.
- Engage with your followers by responding to comments, following back, and interacting with their content.
- Create high-quality and entertaining content that resonates with your target audience.
- Promote your TikTok account on other social media platforms or through cross-promotion.
How can I make my TikTok videos go viral?
There is no guaranteed formula for making TikTok videos go viral, but here are some tips that may help:
- Create unique and engaging content that stands out from the crowd.
- Follow current trends and participate in popular challenges or hashtags.
- Use eye-catching visuals, creative editing techniques, and captivating captions.
- Focus on storytelling and delivering a compelling message or entertainment value.
- Share your videos on other social media platforms to increase exposure.
- Engage with the TikTok community by liking, commenting, and sharing others’ videos.
In conclusion, TikTok is a popular social media platform that allows users to create and share short videos. While the typical video length on TikTok is 60 seconds, the introduction of the Extended Video feature has enabled some users to upload videos up to 3 minutes long. By following the steps outlined in this conversation, you can explore the option of creating longer videos on TikTok.
Creating longer TikTok videos opens up new possibilities for storytelling, providing valuable content, and engaging with your audience in more depth. Remember to plan your content, maintain viewer engagement, utilize TikTok’s editing features, and keep your videos concise and focused. Adding value to your audience and experimenting with different formats can help you stand out and increase your chances of success.
Keep an eye out for updates and announcements from TikTok and embrace the opportunity to express your creativity. So go ahead, create longer TikTok videos, and enjoy sharing your unique content with the TikTok community!
You may also like: