Are you going through a repeated issue that the person you want to contact is not available on Messenger? The message showing “Person unavailable on Messenger‘ occurs due to some possible reasons such as the person you selected to have a conversation with must have deactivated or deleted their account or the account of that person must be suspended or have blocked you or sometimes it can be an error message on Messenger.
In this article, we will go through the meaning of “Person not available on Messenger”, its possible causes, and their solutions to overcome errors. There are easy fixes that can help you to get out of such a problem.
Meaning of “Person Unavailable on Messenger”
“Person Unavailable on Messenger” is an error message that is shown when you are attempting to contact someone through Facebook Messenger and it indicates that your message cannot be reached through the Messenger platform at that moment to the receiver. Or we can say that you cannot have a chat with them at that time. You may experience the “This person is unavailable on Messenger” error due to the following reasons:
- The person has deactivated their account
- The user has blocked you
- Facebook suspended their account
- Messenger has crashed or stopped working
- The user deleted their Facebook or Messenger Account
- Their profile may be private
- The user blocked by you accidentally
- The user does not have a messenger app
- Their account is temporarily unavailable
Fixes for “Person Unavailable on Messenger” Error
1. Check if you are blocked
When someone blocks you on Facebook, your ability to message them via Messenger will be stopped. A blocked individual becomes invisible on your Facebook profile, and any message you send remains undelivered. To check if you are blocked by the user or not, follow the steps described below:
- Open Facebook, and search for the person you want to have a conversation with. If they’ve blocked you, you will not be able to find their profile on Facebook.
- You can also try searching their name from different Facebook accounts in order to check whether they have blocked you or not.
- If their profile appears on the search bar of a different Facebook account and not on your personal Facebook account then they have blocked you.
2. Check your Facebook Memories
You can go through your Facebook memories in order to view the likes or comments of the person you are searching for. If you find the person and it’s in blue color when you hover the cursor over their name and it directs you to their profile then you are not blocked by that person and have the conversation with them. It is a kind of indicator that the person is available or not in your friends list. How can you search for Memories, have a look:
On Mobile Phone
- Open Facebook App
- Go to the search bar, type “Memories” and click on it.
- Go to Facebook Website
- On the main page sidebar, there is an option “Explore” under which you will find “See More“
- Scroll down and click on “Memories”
3. User not Blocked
Make sure that the user is not blocked by you. This can also be the possible reason for the message showing “Person Unavailable on Messenger”. You can simply check if it is so and unblock them immediately.
- Open Facebook
- Select the downward pointing arrow in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Settings & Privacy“
- Then, select “Settings“.
- Now, choose “Blocking“
- Find out the blocked user from the list and choose Edit.
- Click on the Unblock button to make them visible.
4. Check your Internet Connection
Sometimes weak internet connection can also be the cause of the error “Person Unavailable on Messenger”. So if you are facing such an issue, you might check your internet connectivity at that point in time. You can check it by opening the chat of some other person and see if the same message is displaying there or not. If the same message is occurring in another person’s chat then the mistake is with your internet connection and if the message is not displaying in their chat and you are able to send them the messages then something else can be the matter of issue.
5. Facebook Might Be Experiencing Technical Difficulties
Due to technical issues, sometimes Facebook causes such messages to appear on your screen or inbox. In that case, you should check it for other Facebook friends also. If such messages persist in other people’s inboxes, then you should visit Facebook’s Twitter Account immediately to see if Facebook has updated anything on it.
You can also visit the Down-detector website to monitor real-time problems related to Facebook. You can follow these steps:
- Go to Website
- Type “Facebook” in the search bar in the top-right corner and press “enter”.
- The website will show you the issues in the form of a graph from the last 24 hours.
- If the problem is associated with the backend, you have to wait till Facebook fixes it.
6. Deactivated or Deleted Account:
If the specific recipient with whom you want to chat has deactivated or deleted their Facebook account, reaching them on Messenger becomes impossible. Deactivation temporarily hides all Facebook activities, including Messenger conversations. Deleting an account erases all data permanently, rendering Messenger inaccessible.
7. Try Facebook Lite
If you have any doubts regarding the Facebook app, you can switch to the other one which is Facebook Lite. Try sending messages on that app.
- Open the Play Store and search for Facebook Lite in the search bar.
- Tap on the Install icon next to the name of the app.
- Open the app and try logging in by providing the correct credentials.
- Try messaging the person you wanted to.
8. Disabled Notifications:
If the person has disabled Messenger notifications, your messages and calls won’t reach them, leading to the “This person is unavailable on Messenger” message. However, they can still read your messages by accessing the Messenger app.
9. Update the Application
Sometimes, using an older version of the app can also be the cause of such issues occurring on your screens. Update your app to the new version and try sending the message again to the person you wanted to.
- Go to Play Store
- Type the name of the app in the search bar.
- You will see the Update button next to the name of the app if an older version of the app is downloaded on your device.
10. Privacy Settings:
A person’s stringent privacy settings could hinder messages from non-friends. Sending a friend request on Facebook could grant you access to their Messenger after acceptance.
In essence, the “This Person unavailable on Messenger” error stems from various sources, such as account actions, blocking, notification settings, privacy constraints, or friendship status. When encountering this error, it’s crucial to identify the root cause and implement appropriate solutions. By reviewing Messenger settings, connecting as friends, or using alternate accounts, you may overcome the obstacle. However, some scenarios might be beyond your immediate control, necessitating patience while awaiting the other party’s resolution.
Regardless of the origin, effective communication remains the cornerstone of successful relationships. Thus, dedicating time and effort to troubleshooting issues can greatly contribute to maintaining these connections. Remember, every error presents an opportunity to enhance your communication skills and foster stronger relationships.
Q1: Why would someone be unavailable on Messenger?
A1: There are several reasons for this:
- Notification Settings: If the person has disabled Messenger notifications, they won’t receive your messages or calls.
- Privacy Settings: Strict privacy settings might prevent non-friends from messaging them.
- Not Connected as Friends: Messenger may limit messages to Facebook friends or those who accept message requests from non-friends.
Q2: Can a person still read my messages if they are unavailable on Messenger?
A2: Yes, in some cases. If someone has turned off Messenger notifications but hasn’t blocked you, they can still access your messages when they open the Messenger app.
Q3: How can I know if I’ve been blocked on Messenger?
A3: One way to check is by searching for the person’s profile on Facebook. If you can’t find their profile or can’t send them a message. You might have been blocked.
You May Also Like